As you are probably already aware, there is a major new regulation, the General Data Protection Regulation or ‘GDPR’, which will be introduced next year that will have significant implications for organisations holding personal data. GDPR requires that all information holders:
- demonstrate that they have processes and policies in place to comply with the law; and
- have taken reasonable steps to prevent data misuse or leakage.
Failure to do so may result in a fine – for minor incidents this can be up to £8.5 million or 2% of the data holder’s turnover, whichever is greater.
Increasingly, National Governing Bodies (NGB’s), sports associations and sports clubs are exposed to an ever-increasing number and range of cyber-attacks.
True preparation for GDPR means thinking about more than typical cyber threats such as phishing and malware, because a data breach under the new General Data Protection Regulation is defined as any security incident which leads to the destruction, loss and unauthorised access to personal data sent or collected by the organisation.
Appropriate, targeted training can go a long way to protecting any organisation from a damaging cyber-attack.
Did you know that:
- 80% of cyber threats are a result of human error?
- 70% of small business had a security breach in 2015?
- For large organizations the average data breach costs around £3.15 million?
Sportscover and CybSafe partner to provide essential Data Protection Training for NGBs, Associations and Sports Clubs.
As a leading insurance partner to the Sports Industry, Sportscover has partnered with CybSafe to promote a cost-effective, focused Cyber Awareness training platform, designed to help you reduce this human factor of your cyber risk.
The CybSafe platform and content allows you to become both GDPR and cyber risk aware in one unified solution. It will help you:
- reduce your chance of being a victim of cyber-attack;
- retain key evidence of the reasonable steps you are taking to educate individuals within the organisation on best practices supporting GDPR compliance;
- understand the cyber threats you face every day – explaining the issues clearly with real world examples;
- feel confident that you are receiving the right training – CybSafe training is GCHQ-accredited;
- maximise knowledge retention – CybSafe has been created in bitesize interactive modules utilising the latest psychological and behavioural science theory;
- stay constantly up to date – as new threats emerge new content is added so your training evolves with the changing threat landscape;
- track improvements in cyber awareness and behavioral changes over time.
Through our partnership with CybSafe, Sportscover have been able to negotiate a 10% discount subscription prices which start from just £26.99 per user per year and is even better value for larger organisations.
The platform can be accessed simply by visiting the page below: www.cybsafe.com/en-gb/sportscover.